Android Reborn – We believe everyone has personal stuff that they don’t want to share with others. Well, if you have personal photos that you’d like to keep only to yourself, then hide them because without further protection, they can easily be viewed on the Gallery app.
How to Hide Photos & Videos in OPPO
This method requires a file manager app to control the files. Some Android phones come with a preinstalled File Explorer. If there isn’t any on your phone, just find one on the Play Store. There are so many choices, but pick one that has amassed millions of downloads as these pretty much indicate the popularity of an app.
This tutorial will specifically talk about ES File Explorer. You should install it first, and then open and follow below steps:
- It will show all Android folders that have been created manually and those that were already existed before you bought the phone.
- Create a new folder where the private photos will be sent to.
- Tap on ‘New’ at the bottom, followed with ‘Folder’. Set a name for the folder. To hide is easy, you just need to add a period mark ( . ) right before the name of the folder. This command will tell the system to hide the folder.
- After the folder is created, the next step is very easy. Just select all the photos you want to hide and copy them to the new location aka folder. This way, only the file manager can see them. Meanwhile, the Gallery app will make them totally disappear.
- Tap on the gear icon at the bottom. This will take you to Settings. Go to Display Settings, and then tick off the ‘Show Hidden Files’ box.
- There you go, now the files will be eliminated from the Gallery app. They aren’t deleted, just kept out of sight, so only you can see them.
- Just check the same box if you want to bring back the hidden folder.
That’s how to hide photos & videos in OPPO. That sounds simple, right?
- How to Fix Oppo “Can not Connect to Camera”
- 5 Ways to Fix Oppo Cannot Connect to Wifi
- How to Fix Oppo F1 Notification Problem