Android Reborn – Is your Wi-Fi network on your Android not working? This issue might happen if you just update your phone to Android 7.0 Nougat. You might have done all sorts of things to fix it, but don’t seem to work at all. If that is the case with you then, there is how to fix Nexus 5X Wi-Fi problems (Nougat) here. You have to do some things, but it is definitely worth way to try to get your Wi-Fi back.
Fixing Wi-Fi Problems in Nexus 5X
First than anything before you start to fix the problem, you need to check on the Wi-Fi MAC address on your Nexus. Go to Settings, about phone, and then Status. If your Wi-Fi Mac address turns out to be 02:00:00:00:00:00, this solution we have here is the right one for you. There are some steps to follow to fix Wi-Fi issues in Nexus 5X (Nougat), of course. Be sure to follow them properly.
Before you do so though, we suggest you to backup your important data first just in case. Then, you can proceed with the procedure here below.
- Unlock the bootloader and root your device
- Mark down or remember your true Wi-Fi Mac addres
- Install any root file manager
- Locate the /persist directory and “wlan_mac.bin” file should not be there
- Locate to “/etc/firmware/wlan/qca_cld” directory and you will find the file
- Tap and edit the file
- Fill 4 lines of MAC address this way:
- Intf0MacAddress=Your Wi-Fi MAC address without “:”
Once you do that, you should have been done fixing Nexus 5X Wi-Fi problems due to Nougat update. Of course, you would get your Wi-Fi connection back that way. There is not that much thing to do. It is one easy way for you to solve this problem quickly. There should be no hassle to do so. Try it!
- 2 Ways to Fix Vibration Problem in Xiaomi Phone
- How to Fix Oppo F1 Notification Problem
- How to Root Sony Xperia X Compact without PC